Monday, December 3, 2012

Nutty Freelance Writing Clients #1

Hi there folks.  As some of you may know, every once in a while I get the urge to actually write something for money.  Seems kinda strange, doesn't it?  Yes, I know it does.  However, the online freelance writing world is not as easy as one would think.  To get a really good client, or a really good payday you occasionally have to sift through what seems like an endless pile of folks that have simply lost the plot.  In this  series, I am going to present actual listings posted on actual freelance writing sites.  I have done no editing save for blacking out anything that would get me in legal trouble.  Let me bring up the first one.

I think I'm beginning to wonder what's worse, the people needing the story written; or the person that agrees to write it?  I can only imagine the notes in the revisions the client would ask...

"Um yeah, everything looks good.  However, your short description of the story where somebody gets diddled by a team of eighteen wheelers isn't nearly realistic enough."

Oh, and I nearly forgot to mention in case you didn't see it that the client is going to check your work for plagiarism.  You know, because there's just so many people vying for his fifteen dollars.  And six thousand words!  I didn't think you needed six thousand to describe what this person wants.

Oh, and another common thing you will see in some freelance jobs, this one is WORK FOR HIRE.  Which of course means that you can't have your name attached to the story in any respect.  I can't imagine why you wouldn't.


No comments:

Post a Comment