Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Green Death Challenge Is Upon Us!

Right now, I am busy preparing myself mentally for one of my greatest challenges to date, the Green Death Hot Sauce Challenge.  To bring those of you that are new up to speed, I made an agreement with my wife that the first week of April I would attempt to ingest a half dozen chicken wings covered in a green habanero sauce called El Yucateco.  I may have bitten off a little more than I can chew on this one.  I used to eat this stuff with great regularity, but it has been some time since I have gone anywhere near it.  I took a long, well deserved break from eating ultra spicy foods and now I am making my comeback.  But I am not starting off small, I am going all out on this one.  If I make it through this, then possibly next month I will attempt a higher level of difficulty challenge.  Scotch Bonnet peppers.  From what I hear, these things are intensely hotter than the Green Death Sauce.  This stuff glows bright orange.  But that’s for another time.
So, in a few hours, I will be settling down at our dinner table.  My wife will put a plate of chicken wings in front of me covered in the hottest sauce I have eaten to date.  There will be no water or milk anywhere near me.  If I ask for a single drop of either to sooth my potentially scorched mouth, I will have not passed the challenge.  Since this was part of a wager, no doubt I will have to perform some form of humiliating task.  God only knows what is in store for me if I lose.  So stay tuned, If I pass this one, I am onto the Scotch Bonnet Deathtrap!  Oh, and there will be pictures!  Please donate to The Dan Experiment if you want to see me execute this challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment